There is nothing better than relaxing after a long day. You can easily create the perfect retreat in your home with just a few simple touches and lighting adjustments. Nipper Electric provides trusted electrical services in Virginia Beach. Our skilled team of experienced electricians can transform any room into a cozy retreat.
Life is stressful and hectic, but taking the time to relax is important for your health and happiness. Here are a few quick ideas for your favorite rooms in your house.
Living Room/Den– Your living room or den can easily convert from home theater to relaxing retreat with a few easy changes. Consider these additions:
- Ceiling Fans– To keep the room cozy all year, consider a quick ceiling fan installation. Ceiling fans will keep the room cool in the summer and help warm it in the winter. They also add a touch of comfort to any room, especially living rooms and dens that can get overcrowded or hot.
- Pendant Lighting– Placing pendant lighting near your favorite reading chair can give you just tranquil and focused lighting you need to sit back and relax. Add a dimmer to adjust the light to the strength you need so you can do projects, read, or simply unwind in the same spot.
- Home Automation– With a simple click of the button or even just a swipe on your phone, you could control your whole living room from the comfort of your couch. Home automation for entertainment and electrical systems is a quick and easy installation that makes everything easier.
- Throws and Pillows– For even more comfort, place a couple of warm blankets or throws and some soft pillows to cuddle up in. Enjoy a lazy weekend afternoon curled up on the couch.
Bathrooms- Your bathroom can be a great place to unwind after a long hard day. Create a spa-like setting with some simple touches like these:
- Chandeliers- Chandeliers add an elegant touch to your bathroom while giving you warm, relaxing lighting. Today’s chandeliers can be anything from rustic to sophisticated to match your bathroom’s design and color scheme.
- Wall Sconces- Adding sconces near your vanity mirror give you the perfect amount of light. They also come in a variety of designs so you can easily match your style.
- Candles and Scented Soaps- Keep a few of your favorite scented candles and soaps nearby. Not only will you have them ready when you need a soak, they’ll also make the bathroom smell great and feel luxurious.
- Soft Rugs and Towels- Adding just a few soft and cushy rugs and towels can make your bathroom feel like a spa any day of the week.
Bedroom- Your bedroom should be your personal sanctuary. Simply add these touches and you’ll feel like you are living in luxury:
- Bedside Accent Lighting- Adding some wall sconces, pendant lighting or simple lamps by the bed give you easy access to lights any time of the day or night and create a warm glow in the room. You can add dimmers to these lights so you can read at night without disturbing your spouse.
- Flat Screen TV- Installing a flat screen TV in your bedroom can allow you to relax in bed while you watch your favorite programs. These TVs can be easily installed over dressers or on the wall to take up less space.
- Closet Lighting- Making a few changes in your closet lighting can transform your closet into a deluxe dressing room. A simple addition of some lighting strips on the floor or under cabinet lighting along the ceiling provides elegant lighting to dark spaces inside the closet.
No matter how you design your special place, you can relax when you leave the installations to Nipper Electric. We have been providing trusted electrical services in the Virginia Beach area for over 25+ years. Call us today at 757-842-1710 to get started on your private retreat. Or you can make an appointment online. We can’t wait to help you create your perfect relaxation spot.