Trusted Virginia Beach Electricians Provide LED Options
If you’re like many of the people who have been thinking of switching to LED lighting, you probably have a lot of questions.
- Do I need an LED conversion?
- What type of fixtures can I use?
- How do I choose the right bulb?
- How much money can I save with LED lighting?
- Will LED lightings work in my home or office?
- Can I use LED lights outside?
Nipper Electric can help you with all of these questions and more. We are a family owned business in the Virginia Beach Area providing residential and commercial electrical services. We have over 18 years of experience in the Virginia Beach area. You can call us at 757-842-1710 for a free estimate today.
LEDs, What’s the Big Deal?
LEDs save money. A lot of money. They do cost more to install, but they run on less energy. They also last longer. Here’s a quick run-down of the savings:
- LEDs use 70% less energy to run than regular incandescents.
- LEDs last up to 22 years, that is over 50 times the life of an incandescent bulb and almost 10 times the life of a CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lamp) bulb.
- LEDs long life means buying fewer bulbs and changing fewer bulbs.
- LED lights don’t waste as much energy in producing light. LED lighting only has an excess of 20% energy while incandescent lights waste almost 90% of energy.
- LEDs do not produce lots of heat like incandescent lighting, so you don’t have to worry about fire hazards.
Why Choose LED Lighting?
Besides saving money, LED lighting has a ton of other benefits as a lighting upgrade.
- Environmentally Friendly
- No Toxins
- No Emissions
- 100% Recyclable
- Use Less Energy
- Fewer Purchases
- Can be used indoors or out.
- Can be used in different temperatures without fail.
- Come in many different styles, colors, sizes, fixtures, and brightness.
- Easy To Use
- Can be fitted to many general light fixtures.
- Older fixtures can be easily converted to LED.
- Can replace other bulbs without making a difference in the lighting.
Choosing the Right LED Light Bulb
All light from light bulbs are measured in Lumens and Kelvins. Lumens measure the amount of light that is coming from the bulb. Kelvins measure the brightness or warmth coming from the bulb. If you are looking to get a similar bulb to the bulb you to have then you need to look at the Lumens and the Kelvins. Here are some tips for getting the right LED bulb:
- Lumens go lower, 100w incandescent is equal to a 10w LED, a 40w bulb is equal to a 4w LED.
- In Kelvins warm light equals lower numbers, around 2500 is closer to an incandescent glow.
- In Kelvin cool light comes in higher numbers, the closer you are to a 5000 Kelvin will be bluer.
Professional Electricians Lead LED Conversions
In Virginia Beach, Nipper Electric is the top LED conversion electrician. If you need to have any LED conversions or are just looking to adding new LED installations, we can help you. Our experienced team of professionals can help you choose the perfect fixture and bulb for LED lighting. Call us today at 757-842-1710 to get started. Or make an appointment online. We are ready to help you make the switch to LED!