Chandeliers, Pendants & Accent Lighting
Updating your lighting is one of the easiest, most high-impact ways to improve your home. Proper lighting is often overlooked by clients when renovating their spaces, but it can make a world of difference. A well-lit home not only serves the practical purpose of illuminating your day to day activities, but it can also add another dimension of style and beauty to your environment.
In fact, lighting is often referred to as “the jewelry of the home” for its ability to accentuate the details of your home and display your unique personality. With help from an experienced electrician, light fixtures are easy to install and simple to update. Create visual interest and add an unprecedented level of elegance to your existing architecture with a call to Nipper Electric.
Types of Lighting
Different parts of your space are used for different purposes, so it is important to create lighting plans that allow everyone in your residence to utilize each space as intended. Ideally, every room in your home should contain three types of light: primary, task, and accent lighting.
- Ambient lighting: Ambient lighting provides broad, even illumination throughout your space. This is usually the first type of lighting you will choose for your room.
- Chandeliers and pendants maintain a general amount of light useful during different times of the day and for various activities.
- Recessed lighting can make your room appear larger when positioned properly throughout your space, but too much can be overwhelming.
- Use dimmers for control over the mood and brightness of your home, adjustable to each person’s individual preference.
- Task lighting: This form of light is concentrated for specific activities you enjoy throughout your home, such as cooking, reading, or playing board games.
- This form of light is especially important in areas of your home requiring careful observation and precision, such as kitchens, bathrooms, and offices.
- Task lighting can be in the form of pendants, wall-mounted sconces, or a system of track lighting with individual fixtures directed toward specific spots.
- From preparing dinner to applying make-up, task lighting is perfect for providing bright, direct light that can be focused wherever you need it and adjusted as often as you want.
- Accent lighting: When layered among ambient and task lighting, this soft lighting can create a specific atmosphere or highlight your favorite features.
- Recessed and track lighting are often used as accent lighting in various rooms throughout your home.
- Decorative sconces can be placed in pairs to accentuate your home’s unique architectural elements, such as fireplaces, arches, or bay windows.
- Picture lights are installed above works of art, wall-mounted textiles, or sculptures to focus attention and add an element of drama and sophistication.
How to Choose a Pendant or Chandelier
Often found in entryways or above dining tables, chandeliers are beautiful works of art that add sophistication to your space and create an exciting dynamic between light and shadow. Especially in the form of beaded crystals or old-fashioned candelabras, nothing changes the mood of your room like a chandelier. These fixtures are often heavy, delicate, and difficult to install, so leave this to the professionals.
Consult an experienced electrician to determine the right size, scale, and weight of your chandelier for the space you’re looking to fill. Nipper Electric can advise you on the right fixtures as well as providing careful, professional installation, making sure your loved ones stay safe. If you want a quick, high-impact way to elevate your home with the introduction of new lighting, give Nipper Electric a call.
We are a NECA (National Electrical Contractors Association) affiliated business with Electrical, Master Electrician, and Class B Contractors state licenses and over fifteen years of experience serving local families. This means your investment results in professional work that you’ll enjoy for years to come.
Contact us today at (757) 842-1710 to learn how we can improve your home!