Dimmer Installations create energy efficient lighting with variety. With dimmers, you can transform any room at any time. They help protect the environment and save you money.
What are Dimmers?
Dimmers can be added onto lighting to adjust the light’s brightness. They work by altering the voltage wave forms that are sent through the light. Many dimmers are fitted for installation to your standard wall box. This allows for quick set-ups. Dimmers can be controlled by a simple switch, remote controls or with timers.
Timers are great; to include with your dimmer installation or for other electrical installations. They can be used for many different reasons:
- Indoor Lighting Timers – Helps with bedtimes or sleep patterns. Can also be used to ward off criminals by changing lights during vulnerable times, like sleeping, vacations or off times.
- Energy Saving Adjustments – Can adjust lighting automatically as natural lighting sources fade so lights aren’t being run at full power during the day. Nipper Electric knows how to set up your lights for maximum energy saving.
- Outdoor Lighting Timers – Lights pathways for nighttime safety and deters criminals when buildings are empty or people are sleeping.
- Exhaust Fan Timers – Exhaust fans help expel moisture from the air in areas like our bathrooms. Exhaust fans can be set to run after your shower or cooking, giving you the best results without losing money.
Benefits of Dimmer Installations
The quick and easy installation of dimmers bring a world of difference to your home, here are a few reasons why.
- Adjustable – Lighting helps your home or office be comfortable and productive by:
- Adding many degrees of lighting.
- Helping you compliment and use natural light while saving energy.
- Adjust the mood of a room with a simple touch.
- Create individualized lighting for each person and each situation.
- Energy Efficient – By using just the right amount of light, dimmers help save energy and control waste.
- Uses less energy, even at the highest setting.
- Adds life to your light bulb. Even if you haven’t switched to solar or energy efficient lighting, a dimmer will add up to 20x more life to your bulb.
- Lower energy demands. Lower energy demands mean lower energy production and consumption, leaving the earth a little healthier each time you dim your light.
- Saves Money – Dimmers can save you money in many ways. These are just few that are obvious but neglected so many times:
- Adjust lighting to personal preference so you aren’t using more light than you need.
- Create one main source of light with multiple abilities so you don’t have to use many different light sources.
- Can lower energy usage by about 20%, regardless of what bulb you use. Lower energy usage means lower bills.
- Longer lasting bulbs mean you buy fewer bulbs.
- When used with timers, dimmers can stop lights being left on, adjust lights to the perfect setting in offices and homes throughout the day and lower light usage.
When it comes to electrical work in your home or office, you can leave all the hard work and installations to us. Nipper Electric provides professional and dependable lighting installations.