Electrical Panel Relocation
Whether or not you’ve considered relocating the electrical panel or breaker box for your home or office, it may be something you need to have done.
What kind of things you should consider when it comes to relocating the electrical panel? Here are some questions to ask and some answers.
Is your electrical panel up to code?
Many older homes were compliant with code once upon a time, but today would no longer pass a routine inspection. It’s a very common electrical issue, in fact. An older, non-compliant electrical panel could be due to changes in the code over the years, or even just wear and tear on the original panel and wiring. If you live in an older home, it might be time to schedule a consult to determine whether it should be moved, or just replaced and rewired.
Are you remodeling and planning to demolish the wall where the electrical panel resides?
This is one of the other most common reasons homeowners need to move an electrical panel. Many times, when walls are reconfigured during a remodel or rooms are added, the electrical panel will need to be moved and reconfigured, too.
Does the current location of your electrical panel make sense with the current use of the room?
Even if your electrical panel is code-compliant, it may be located in an inconvenient place in the home, such as in the middle of a kitchen wall. If an electrical panel is taking up valuable wall space or would-be-cabinet space, for example, it may be time to move it.
Some of the benefits of relocating your electrical panel include:
● Increased Safety. In making sure your home is as safe as it can be, and up to current electrical code, you can rest easy. Peace of mind is invaluable.
● Convenience. Making the most efficient use of the space in your home makes life easier.
● Upgrades increase property value. Getting the electrical panel upgraded and updated typically increases the value of a home and can be a major selling point.
Why a Professional Installation is Always Recommended
Electrical work is complicated and can be extremely dangerous if not done correctly. Proper installation of any electrical work is essential to ensure safety. Having professionally installed, up-to-code circuitry in your property keeps things running safely and efficiently.
Why Choose Nipper Electric for the Installation of Your Electrical Panel?
Once you’ve made the choice to upgrade or move your electrical panel, you’ll want to ensure a proper installation that is up to code. Here are some of the things that Nipper Electric brings to the table:
● Accredited Professional Electricians. Your new breaker box will all be installed by licensed electricians who are familiar with and proficient in installing circuits to code.
● Detail oriented. We understand the importance of attention to detail in installing intricate circuitry, particularly when it pertains to your main electrical panel.
● We Guarantee Our Work. Nipper Electric is committed to providing high quality services to our commercial and residential clients, and we fully stand behind our work with a strong guarantee.
● Reliability You Can Count On. Our licensed electricians are dedicated to providing you with quality services in a timely manner. They are not only friendly and knowledgeable, but also bonded and insured. We stand behind our crew, always.
● A Name You Can Trust. We have been serving the Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake areas since 1997, and have built our reputation on our dependable work and reasonable prices.