Get Professional Dock Electrician in Norfolk, VA
When it comes to working with electricity, wiring up a system near a body of water is among the most dangerous and difficult tasks.
Nipper Electric has served the Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach areas reliably for more than eighteen years, and we’ve been top rated in Virginia beach five years running. We know just how to handle the unique risks posed in servicing your dock electrical needs, and we’re capable of performing all of the following services:
- Boat Lift Wiring
- Dock Motor Lifts
- Shore Power Pedestal Wiring
- Marina Power Pedestal Wiring
- Marina Electrical Maintenance
- Dedicated Circuits for Power Boats
- Dock Lighting
- Dock Electrical Maintenance
With a helping hand from our staff, your dock will be wired up safely and you can relax in your boat knowing the job was done by a licensed professional.
Boat Dock and Marina Electrical Wiring
Virginia beach features a plethora of bodies of water, so it’s no surprise that so many of its residents have boats they regularly take out on the creeks, ponds, lakes, and the ocean. However, a boat needs a safe storage location for the times its not in use. A dock or a marina provides that safe space while also granting quick access to the water, but also poses unique challenges in providing electricity. Wiring for such a facility really needs to have the following:
- Weatherized Wiring
- Waterproof Wires, Cords, Junction Boxes and Plugs
- Careful Installation with Grounding
- GFCI Outlets for Areas With Multiple Uses
- Appropriate Weatherproof & Waterproof Lighting
- Matching Plugs and Receptacles
- Reverse Polarity or Overheating Alert Systems
Shoddy wiring and failure to install preventative measures is no laughing matter. Without the proper work and precautions, the probability of death by electrocution is much higher than it would be in other locations. Don’t run the risk of that happening to you or your family and friends; let the professionals at Nipper Electric wire your system the right way.
Professional Boat & Dock Electrical Installations
Healthy Boats, Safe Water
It’s a lot of work to keep a boat running well, and there are many devices that you can use to help your boat last longer. The ones listed here are a few of the ones we offer installation for.
- Boat Lifts- With a boat lift, you can keep your vessel out of the water while it’s not in use, thereby reducing the damage done by the waves and marine organisms. A motorized lift is often a popular choice because of the convenience and ease of use.
- Shore Power Pedestals- Sometimes you might want to run the electronics on your boat while its docked, but that drains the battery. A shore power pedestal provides a place to plug in, allowing you to use those devices without running the boat.
- Dedicated Circuits- Having circuits exclusively dedicated to your boat and dock reduces wear on your electrical system and lessens confusion when work needs to be done.
- Dock Lighting- Proper lighting is essential for working around the water, both from a convenience and a safety perspective. Having recessed, track, or pendant lighting will keep the area bright, and you safe.
Having a poorly installed or poorly maintained electrical system in your dock takes what should be a fun experience and turns it into a lethal trap. Using the wrong plugs can cause corrosion and overheating, and crossing wires can negate the grounding and lead to electrocution. Instead of risking a badly done installation or if you think your system could use a tune up, call Nipper Electric. Our professionals can perform maintenance, inspect, and repair electrical installations in docks and marinas. Any electrical work you need short of wiring up the boat itself, you can call us at 757-296-7176 or schedule an appointment online. We’re always ready to get your dock wired right, so you can get into the water without any further risks.