Generators can be an amazing tool for Norfolk property owners. However, if you choose to have a generator installed, routine maintenance is necessary to prevent dangerous and expensive problems later on. Simply performing a few regular checkups throughout the year can go a long way towards ensuring that your generator remains functional when you need it the most. A few things you can do to lengthen the life of your generator are:
- Oil and oil filter replacement. If these are not replaced regularly, your generator can suffer significant interior damage.
- Power source inspection. Fuel systems and batteries should be inspected on a routine basis.
Unfortunately, even proper maintenance can’t stave off regular wear and tear forever. In such an event, a professional technician can assess the situation and quickly get your generator back in working order.
Most Common Generator Issues
- Regardless of the type of leak, this problem should not be overlooked. Any fluids leaking from the generator, whether they consist of coolant, oil, or fuel, could become serious if left unaddressed.
- Blocked heater hoses. Blockages in the heater hoses can cause the generator to overheat, which could ruin the motor.
- Battery failure. If the battery is nonfunctional, the generator cannot operate.
- Non-operational generator. If the generator doesn’t start despite having the necessary amount of fuel or battery charge, it could be due to a problem with the carburetor.
While these are the issues technicians see most often, you could be experiencing a number of additional complications. That’s why it’s crucial to have a trustworthy, local team of professionals to properly diagnose and resolve the issue.
Why Rely on Nipper Electric For Your Generator Repair Needs?
Whatever the issue, once you’ve determined that your generator isn’t functioning properly, it’s important to contact a licensed technician as soon as possible to prevent further problems. A technician without the proper training and experience can make matters worse, potential resulting in permanent damage to your generator. That’s why at Nipper Electric, we are committed to guaranteeing the quality of our service. Not only are our team members accredited electricians that are fully licensed, insured, and bonded, they also prioritize safety, reliability, and attention to detail, ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
As a locally-based company, we consider ourselves part of the community and are invested in ensuring that our fellow neighbors are taken care of. We have over 20 years of experience servicing commercial and residential clients in Norfolk, and the quality of our work speaks for itself. If you’re looking for assistance with a generator problem, schedule your appointment today by calling Nipper Electric at (757) 842-1710.