Outdoor Security Lighting
Safety is a prime concern for any home or office, and outdoor security lighting from Nipper Electric is one way to improve safety. You can bump up the safety of an area with such options as:
- Commercial Outdoor security lighting tips and Installation.
- Outdoor motion sensor lights suggestions and installations.
- Installing outdoor flood lights.
- Positioning and installing outdoor security cameras.
- Installing and repairing outdoor security lights for houses.
- Finding and installing the perfect outdoor solar security lights for your building.
- Helping you choose and install the best outdoor security light bulbs to suit your needs.
Nipper Electric has a history of satisfied clients that proves their dedication to your safety.
It isn’t just about security. Even just unpacking can have injuries if you can’t see what you’re doing. Commercial external lighting or security lighting can benefit you by:
- Lighting paths at night to prevent injuries from tripping or falling.
- Lighting entrances and exits to deter attacks or break-ins.
- Deter criminals from attempting break-ins in the first place; well-lit homes or businesses aren’t targeted like buildings with dark areas and shadows.
- Alert staff or family to break-ins or suspicious activity. Activated motion sensors give people time to call the police and/or find a place to stay safe.
- Lower insurance premiums in some business and homeowner policies.
Outdoor Security Lighting Options
There are all sorts of options in outdoor security lighting, and it’s important to choose the right ones for the different portions of your building. Nipper Electric can provide service in many types of exterior lighting, such as:
- Flood lights
- Motion sensor lights, including outdoor security-lights with cameras.
- Security lights for homes.
- Commercial security lighting.
- Outdoor security lighting LED designs.
- Solar security lights for exterior lighting.
It’s a lot to take in, but don’t worry; we’ll be here to help you with every decision involved in your security lighting installation. Let’s start with the main designs of the system.
Motion sensor technology has improved a great deal over the years. What would once be set off by a startled cat is now a powerful system that uses infrared light or sonic detection to alert you to potential threats.
- Infrared Sensors: Depend on electrical signals known as infrared sensors. Infrared is the scientific term for heated rays, and infrared sensors are either active or passive.
Active Infrared Sensors use an effectively invisible beam of light which, when interrupted, will trigger the attached light.
Passive Infrared Sensors detect heat signatures from people and animals that pass by, activating the light in response. These are the most popular outdoor motion sensors used today.
- Sonic Detectors: These sensors work using sound waves that are too high or low pitched to be heard by the human ear. Sonic sensors also are active or passive.
Active Sonic Detectors use echolocation, emitting sound as a beam and triggering the light when that beam is interrupted.
Passive Sonic Detectors listen for incoming sounds, triggering the light in response to hearing something that is above the normal threshold.
- Motion Sensor Cameras: These security cameras can be linked to the same system as the lights, activating only when the sonic or infrared sensors have detected movement.
Most of these sensor lights and cameras have user settings, allowing you to set the thresholds at which they activate or manually override them to save energy. Nipper Electric can help you figure out which equipment and settings are right for your security needs.
Outdoor Security Light Bulb Options
Even bulb choice plays a roll in security, not just energy efficiency. It might sound counter-intuitive, but the brightest bulb is actually not the best choice. If you look quickly from a bright area to a dark one, your eyes will need to adjust, and the patches of shadow created by a very bright bulb can create an ideal hiding space for intruders. Some top choices for bulbs are Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFLs), Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) and solar lights.
- CFLs have a long operating life, but they take a few seconds to reach peak brightness, don’t run well in cold environments, and aren’t compatible with certain motion sensors.
- LEDs can last up to eighteen years and they work in all kinds of weather, but the installation and the bulbs themselves are more expensive. However, they’re quite energy efficient, with long term savings of up to 75% compared to other options.
- Solar lights are more practical than they used to be, but relying on the sun to provide energy to a device you need to run at night might not be the best option. The operating costs are very low, but the photovoltaic panels have a very high cost.
Protect Your Home Today
With over fifteen years of experience protecting families and offices, Nipper Electric is ready to make the best choices for your security needs. If you want to make your home or office that much safer, call or schedule an appointment online today.
team has been protecting families and offices for over 15 years. If you want to make your business safer or protect your home, schedule an appointment online today.