Panel Upgrades Norfolk
The electrical control panel, also known as the breaker box, is the core of your home’s electrical system. This device is what links your home to the power lines, and it needs regular maintenance and upgrades in order to run efficiently. Nipper Electric specializes in keeping these panels up to par.
Upgrade Electrical Panel – When & Why
Your electrical panel has an amp limit, a soft cap on the total electrical usage by your home. A given panel was almost certainly sufficient for the time it was installed, but with more electrical devices using more power than ever, many homes could be exceeding this cap and in need of an electrical panel upgrade. Nipper Electric is here to make sure you understand the electrical amp usage in your home, and to find you a panel that will suit your modern needs. Using a panel with an amp limit that’s too low can damage your entire system; in fact, it’s the leading cause of residential house fires! Take a look at the following list and see if it’s time to bring that panel up to date:
- Circuit-breakers frequently trip.
- When plugging something into an outlet, there is a popping sound or sparks. This can be caused by loose wiring.
- The electrical panel or meter is covered in rust. There may be a water leak nearby.
- Outlets no longer have a snug fit around plugs. A worn down outlet is a serious fire risk, and should be addressed immediately.
- Light switches fail to turn on the lights or the lights turn on and off again. This can indicate that the contacts on the switch are wearing out.
- An outlet is heating up.
- If you frequently use lots of extension cords, you may have overloaded the system.
Panel Upgrades at an Affordable Price
Everything has a cost, and with the price of upgrading an electrical panel, it might seem tempting to try and do the job yourself. Don’t. Seriously, working with electricity is dangerous, and you could be creating a fire hazard if you do it wrong. Nipper Electric offers reasonable prices for our quality work. If you have any of the following concerns, we’re ready to address them for you:
- Cost of electrical panel upgrades and other electrical service upgrades.
- Whether you need a 200 amp panel upgrade or something with more than 200 amps.
- Which panel upgrade permit do I need?
- Do I need a permit to replace my electrical panel?
- What resources and permits are needed to upgrade my home electrical wiring panel?
- How long does it take to perform an electrical service upgrade?
The electrical panel itself comes with a manufacturer’s warranty, but we at Nipper Electric are confident enough in our work to offer a lifetime warranty (up to 25 years) on the job itself. To learn more about our warranties, more information on electrical panels, or to set up an appointment to have your panel upgraded or replaced, call us at 757-296-7176 or schedule an appointment online today.