Security Lighting for All Your Needs
Everyone wants to keep their loved ones and belongings safe. Outdoor security lighting is a must for any home or office. Nipper Electric has skilled and licensed electricians ready to help make your home or office safer with:
- Commercial Outdoor security lighting tips and Installation.
- Outdoor motion sensor lights suggestions and installations.
- Installing outdoor flood lights.
- Positioning and installing outdoor security cameras.
- Installing and repairing outdoor security lights for houses.
- Finding and installing the perfect outdoor solar security lights for your building.
- Helping you choose and install the best outdoor security light bulbs to suit your needs.
Nipper Electric has a history of satisfied clients that proves their dedication to your safety.
Outdoor Lighting is vital to your safety. Before you landscape or even unpack boxes, outdoor security lights need to be installed. Adding commercial outside lighting or security lighting to your home helps:
- Light paths at night to prevent injuries from tripping or falling.
- Light entrances and exits to deter attacks or break-ins.
- Deter criminals from attempting break-ins in the first place. Well-lit homes or businesses aren’t targeted like buildings with dark areas and shadows.
- Alert staff or family to break-ins or suspicious activity. Activated motion sensors give people time to call the police and/or find a place to stay safe.
- Lower insurance premiums in some business and homeowner policies.
Outdoor Security Lighting Options
Many options are available when it comes to outdoor security lighting. Depending on your building, you may need different lighting in different places. Nipper Electric offers services for many different types of exterior security lighting including:
- Flood lights
- Motion sensor lights, including outdoor security-lights with cameras.
- Security lights for homes.
- Commercial security lighting.
- Outdoor security lighting LED designs.
- Solar security lights for exterior lighting.
Don’t be overwhelmed, we will help you through every stage of your home or business security lighting installation. To begin with here are a few main designs to choose from.
Old motion sensors triggered with the wag of the family dog’s tail. They were unreliable and annoying for many. Advanced technology turned motion sensors into practical, reliable alert systems. Today’s motion sensors use infrared or sonic technology to detect danger.
- Infrared Sensors: Depend on electrical signals known as infrared sensors. Infrared is the scientific term for heated rays. Infrared sensors are either active or passive.
- Active Infrared Sensors use a beam of light continually tied to another source. When the beam is interrupted, the light triggers.
- Passive Infrared Sensors detect heat from person or animal as they pass. The light activates after it detects the heat. These are the most popular outdoor motion sensors used today.
- Sonic Detectors: These sensors work on sound waves that don’t register to humans. Sonic sensors also are active or passive.
- Active Sonic Detectors send out sound waves that bounce off other surfaces and return. When something disrupts the return of the sound waves, the light is triggered.
- Passive Sonic Detectors wait for sounds to occur. When a sound is detected, the light is triggered.
- Motion Sensor Cameras: These security cameras are available in sonic or infrared technology. The cameras activate the same way lights do and at the same time.
Many motion sensor lights and cameras come with settings. You can individually set your lights to meet your needs and even have a manual override, so you aren’t wasting time or energy. Nipper Electric can find the right equipment and the right setting for you.
Outdoor Security Light Bulb Options
Choosing the right light bulb is important to your security too. Today’s green technology creates many energy efficient options. Remember to choose a bulb that is not too bright. This may seem strange, but an overly bright light will actually add deep shadows where intruders can hide.
Light bulb options vary, but top choices are CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Lights), LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) and solar lights.
- CFLs are long-lasting. However, they don’t become bright immediately. They also fail in cold climates and don’t work in some motion sensors.
- LEDs are long lasting (up to 18 years), work in all weather and are very energy efficient. The initial installation and equipment is more expensive, but in the end they save consumers up to 75% on their bills.
- Solar Lights are low cost. Solar technology has improved to practical use. Still, solar lights rely on solar energy. Photovoltaic panels used remotely on the roof absorb energy during the day. Installation costs more, but during use, you save a ton.
Protect Your Home Today
Nipper Electric provides multiple outdoor security lighting services. We are able to help you make the best choices for your home or business. Our team has been protecting families and offices for over 15 years. If you want to make your business safer or protect your home, schedule an appointment online today.