Your home’s electrical system centers around the electrical control panel, or breaker box, located in your home. This electrical panel connects your home to power lines fueled by the utility company. Nipper Electric specializes in upgrading and maintaining these panels.
Upgrade Electrical Panel – When & Why
Electrical currents run from the panel to the various circuits throughout your home. Your total electrical usage cannot be more than the amp limit on your panel. While some panels hold enough amp limits for their usage, many other homes with numerous devices might be in need of an electrical panel upgrade. Nipper Electric can help you understand your electrical amp usage and find the perfect fit. Don’t fall prey to the leading cause of residential house fires with a faulty electrical system. Here are some signs that it’s time to upgrade:
- Circuit-breakers trip often.
- Sparking and/or popping when plugging into outlets. Loose wiring can cause this.
- Rust on the electrical panel or meter. A reason might be water leaks.
- Plugs that no longer have a tight fit. This could be a sign of worn contacts which are a serious fire hazard.
- Switches that don’t work well, with lights going on, off, then on again. This is another sign that contacts are beginning to fail.
- Outlets that are giving off any heat.
- Lots of extension cord usage. Too many extension cords can overload your circuit.
Upgrade at an Affordable Price
As with any home improvements, the cost of an electrical panel upgrade can become a major concern for homeowners, but Nipper Electric takes pride in offering excellent work at affordable prices. Don’t mistake a panel upgrade as a DIY project. Let Nipper Electric address any concerns you may have, such as:
- Electrical panel upgrades cost.
- Other electrical service upgrades.
- The difference between a 200 Amp panel upgrade and a higher amp upgrade.
- Which panel upgrade permit do I need?
- Can I do an electrical panel replacement without a permit?
- What do I need for my electrical wiring home panel upgrade?
- How long does it take to perform an electrical service upgrade?
Nipper Electric offers a lifetime warranty (up to 25 years) on our labor. While the material is warrantied by manufacturers, we feel so strongly about our work that we will stand by it. To learn more about our warranties, call us at 757-842-1710 or schedule an appointment online today.