If you are a business owner, you likely know that facilities and systems need to be updated to accommodate the ever-changing landscape of the industrial world. Typically, commercial spaces need to be renovated about every 30 years. The issue companies run into when they move into a facility that was previously occupied by another business is that, although the building may have a fresh look, the lighting concept has never been changed.
At Nipper Electric, we know the needs of our fellow businesses in the Virginia Beach area. We understand that whether you are in a new space or have recently remodeled, you may not be operating with sufficient lighting and electrical output for the devices that make your business run. We want to ensure that you are operating efficiently and have the electrical capacity to accommodate your needs, while saving you money on your energy costs. When you’re ready to invest in retrofit lighting, we can help.
How Do I Know If I Need Electrical Upgrades or Retrofit Lighting?
If you are unsure about whether you need to update your lighting design, there are a few indicators that you may be missing. Consider these signs when you are debating whether or not to retrofit your facility. Even one of these factors could be a hint that it’s time to call on Nipper Electric for help.
● You need an Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter
● You need a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter
● Non-grounded two-pronged outlets
● You need a sub panel
● You need a 240v circuit
● Devices are running at less than full power
● You use too many extension cords
● You need more electrical outlets
● You are adding on space to your facility
● Electrical Service conductors are overheating
● Your panel box is making a crackling sound
● Fuses blow regularly
● Electric breakers trip unexpectedly
● Your lights flicker
● Computers are not protected by a dedicated circuit
What Are the Benefits of Retrofitting?
Investing in a full retrofit of your commercial lighting and electrical systems may seem like a big investment, but the initial costs are far outweighed by the benefits you will see in the long term. A few ways that updating your lighting system can help your company save money include:
● Rebate incentives
● Better lighting improves Security
● Your return on investment is typically seen in two years
● LED lighting reduces light pollution
● LED lighting emits less heat
● The quality of new lighting systems is better
● Maintenance and operating costs are lower
● Savings of up to 70% on energy bills
The local, experienced professionals at Nipper Electric want to make sure your lighting and electrical systems at your commercial facility are optimized to ensure peak productivity, energy savings, and employee safety. Older electrical systems can be very dangerous, but that can be remedied by upgrading your electrical panel. No matter what your needs are, we can help. Reach out to us today at (757) 842-1710 to find out how we can help.