Smart Home Installations
The future is here with home automation. Smart home installations are becoming more popular and almost a necessity. for any home. It’s efficient, it’s affordable, and with the help of Nipper Electric, it’s easier that you can you imagine.
We have been providing trusted electrical services in the Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake area for 20 years. We pride ourselves in staying up to date with the latest developments in energy efficient and smart technology, including the following services:
- Automated Security Systems
- Solar Energy
- Outdoor Security Lighting
- LED Light Conversions
- Vehicle Charging Stations
- Programmable Thermostats
- Dimmer and Timer Installations
What is Home Automation?
The term Home Automation covers many different types of programs, devices, and apps. Automation involves the programming of a computer or group of computers to control the operations of a variety of different systems, devices, and appliances. An automated home is also sometimes referred to as a smart home.
Nipper Electric routinely installs automation and smart programs for businesses and homes throughout our Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach area. Including the three basic types of home automation:
- Remote Controlled Programming – This is where devices, appliances, and systems can be controlled remotely, often on your phone or iPad.
- Smart Automation – Devices, appliances, and systems can learn your preferences and adapt to meet your needs better.
- Programmable Automation – In this instance, you can manually program devices, appliances, and systems to work at any time during the day. These programmable systems can hold several different programs and times, unlike programmable devices of the past.
Many times, a smart home has a combination of these three types of automation, working together to make your life simpler.
How Does Home Automation Work?
Homes can be automated through different options for smart programming. In some instances, connections to the homes wireless connection and the electrical grid. These programs require professional installation and come with a variety of advantages, including the ability to access your home from phones, tablets, and computers anywhere.
Whole house automation is an option that is wired into the home electrical system. While this system is the most intricate, it also brings in the biggest benefits for energy efficiency, financial savings, and, of course, convenience. You will need the help of an experienced electrical contractor or electrician to successfully install this program.
Simpler automation options are control hubs that are simply plugged into a wall socket and used to communicate with different appliances and devices in the home. You could control any room of the house with a remote control that is paired with this device or sometimes even with your own phone.
What Can Be Automated in My Home?
The possibilities are virtually endless with a smart-home. Here are just a few of the devices you can automate in your home:
- Security Systems
- Security Systems
Home automation can simplify your life, save you money, and protect your home.
Why Use Home Automation?
Home automation can:
- Simplify Your Life – If you’re juggling a million different demands every day, home automation can save you some time. You can have your trusted electrician in Virginia Beach help you program different systems, then go about your day.
- Control & Monitor Your Home Remotely – If you travel a lot, home automation programs can help you keep your home running efficiently and safely while you are gone. You can even check up on your home from anywhere around the world with a simple touch of your phone or tablet.
- Secure Your Home – From your phone, you can monitor your home’s locks, windows, and every entrance to your home. Security lighting can be adjusted when you travel. Afraid you forgot to lock the front door? Simply check on your phone. Your home will never be safer.
- Save You Money – Since systems are being controlled by apps and smart programs, you are better able to control and track your energy use.