Smart Home Installations
Even after 20 years, Nipper Electric is still on the cutting edge of technology. With the advent of smart home technology, a new series of challenges has been presented to our industry, and we’re prepared to rise to the occasion. For those of you in the Chesapeake, Norfolk, or Virginia Beach areas, bringing your home into the future is much easier than you think it is with our help. We’re ready to help our customers modernize their homes through options like:
- Automated Security Systems
- Solar Energy
- Outdoor Security Lighting
- LED Light Conversions
- Vehicle Charging Stations
- Programmable Thermostats
- Dimmer and Timer Installations
What is Home Automation?
Smart Home technology, sometimes called Home Automation, refers to a collection of features, the integration of programs, devices, and apps into managing your home. At it’s base, it’s using a device such as your smart phone to control or program different features in your home, such as:
- Remote Controlled Programming – Set appliances, the climate control system, and other devices using a phone or tablet.
- Smart Automation – Devices, appliances, and systems can learn your preferences and adapt to meet your needs better.
- Programmable Automation – Program devices, appliances, and systems to work at any certain times of the day.
In a typical smart home, some combination of these three varieties of automation are working in tandem to ease your life.
How Does Home Automation Work?
Smart programming can automate your home in a variety of different ways. The simplest of these methods is a device plugged into a wall socket which allows you to communicate with various appliances and systems throughout the building. With such a device, it’s possible to control multiple units from one room, or even any room in the house using a smart phone.
A more complex system, whole house automation, requires professional installation. This system has the advantage of granting you remote access to your home’s entire system from anywhere you can get internet access, which can bring you huge savings on energy use and also provides convenient control over things such as the heating system and door locks.
What Can Be Automated in My Home?
You needed have everything in your home hooked up the smart home system, but here are a few entries on the ever expanding list of devices that can be automated:
- Security Systems
- Security Systems
Home automation can simplify your life, save you money, and protect your home.
Why Use Home Automation?
Home automation can:
- Simplify Your Life – Cut down on the tedium of adjusting systems around your home, for example, adjusting the thermostat automatically based on the temperature outside.
- Control & Monitor Your Home Remotely – Let you view the status of your home from afar, adjusting lights, unlocking doors, and so on all from your phone or tablet. No more getting locked out of the house because you forgot the key, either!
- Secure Your Home – With remote locks and security cameras, you can not only discover intruders but also make sure you remembered to lock the door.
- Save You Money – Reduce extraneous costs by timing your systems to be off when you’re not there to use them.