Commercial Electric Panel Upgrades
In today’s technology-driven business world, it is essential to have adequate electrical wiring to power the devices and equipment that keep the wheels of the operation turning. Many companies undergo renovations to meet the changing needs of the work environment, and some make the mistake of moving into a previously occupied space and setting up shop without upgrading the electrical needs of the facility. Nipper electric is a trusted, local Virginia Beach electrician that can easily remedy any outdated electrical panel needs for your business and power you through the changing electrical needs of today’s commercial operations and into the future.
What Do Electrical Panels Do?
The electrical panel is the nerve center of the modern workplace. It supplies all of the electrical power to devices and equipment in your facility, through a distribution network of major electrical lines that split off into smaller branches. A properly installed and maintained electrical system is of utmost importance in ensuring your employees’ safety, protecting sensitive data, and improving productivity.
The panel itself acts as a protective measure, guaranteeing that workers are never exposed to live electrical components that could pose a risk of shock or electrocution. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) both require these panels to meet safety code compliance in the workplace.
How Do You Know if You Need a New Electrical Panel?
Besides the simple fact that businesses rely more heavily on electrical systems as technological advances progress, there are a few telltale signs that your system needs to be serviced or upgraded. Call a Nipper Electric technician right away if any of these apply to your business:
● You need an electrical panel upgrade to satisfy insurance requirements
● There is a fuse block or split bus panel, which has no main breaker
● You need to add a sub panel
● You need a 240-volt circuit or additional outlets
● Devices are not operating at full power
● There is no dedicated circuit for computers
● You are using multiple extension cords
● Electrical service conductors are overheating
● There is rust or corrosion on your electrical panel or breakers
● The electrical panel is making crackling noises
● You have recently renovated or added new equipment
How Nipper Electric Can Help
The experienced professionals at Nipper Electric are experts at installing and updating commercial electrical panels. If you need a new system for your company, you can trust our electricians to handle all aspects of the job, including:
● Creating a schematic of your new electrical panel, wiring, and switches
● Using proper copper wire grounding and the best materials for the entire job
● Ensuring that existing wiring meets current codes, and repairing or replacing if necessary
● Keeping up-to-date on all federal and local codes, to ensure proper compliance
● Attaining all necessary approval and permits from local planning commissions
● Knowing the appropriate size of electrical panel to fit the needs of your operations
When your company undergoes renovations, moves to a new facility, or simply has concerns that its electrical supply is insufficient or unsafe, it is time to reach out to Nipper Electric. Call us today at (757) 842-1710 to find out how we can help with all of your commercial electrical panel needs. We are a local, licensed, professional Virginia Beach electrical company, and we look forward to building a relationship with you.