Power Transfer System
There’s a lot to consider when choosing a power transfer system for your generator. When you’re looking for help figuring out which power transfer system is right, talk with our team. We are here to help take some of the guesswork out of the process.
Which Electrical Loads Do You Need to Power in an Outage?
First, determine which appliances are most crucial to your functioning during a power loss. For some, this may be as simple as a refrigerator, stove, and a few light appliances. For others, it may include garage door openers, stand-alone freezers, furnaces, and/or even a sump pump. If you have critical medical equipment in your household, such as an oxygen machine, this would also be something to include. Individual needs may vary, but a licensed electrician will be able to help make those decisions, and then set up the configuration of your switch accordingly.
Do I Need a Manual or Automatic Power Transfer System?
There are different benefits of each type of switch. Manual transfer systems are more cost-effective than their automatic counterparts, owing to their ease of fabrication, installation, and the amount of space they occupy. On the other hand, if you experience regular power outages due to weather or anything else, an automatic switch may be more suitable, to provide uninterrupted power. For many, the choice to invest in an automatic power transfer system is the right one and could even be lifesaving.
Why a Professional Installation Is Recommended
We truly can take the guess work out of this process for you. Proper installation of any electrical work is essential to ensure safety. Having professionally-installed, up-to-code circuitry for your generator keeps things running safely and efficiently, and ready to use when you need it most. Our team of professionals can recommend the best options for you and ensure an expert-level installation of your power transfer system.
Why Choose Nipper Electric for the Installation of Your Power Transfer System?
Once you’ve made the right choice of a generator switch, you’ll want to ensure a proper installation that is up to code. Here are some of the things that professional electricians bring to the table:
● Accredited Professional Electricians. Your generator switch will be designed and installed by licensed electricians who are familiar with and proficient in installing circuits to code.
● Detail oriented. We understand the importance of attention to detail in installing intricate circuitry, particularly with generators and their various components.
● We Guarantee Our Work. Nipper Electric is committed to providing high quality services to our commercial and residential clients, and we fully stand behind our work with a strong guarantee.
● Reliability You Can Count On. Our licensed electricians are dedicated to providing you with quality services in a timely manner. They are not only friendly and knowledgeable, but also bonded and insured. We stand behind our crew and the exceptional work they do.
● A Name You Can Trust. We have been serving the Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake areas since 1997 and have built our reputation on our dependable work and reasonable prices.