When it comes to generators, some basic maintenance can go a long way towards staving off repairs.
Here’s two of the most important ways your generator should be serviced regularly to keep it running smoothly for when you need it most:
● Regular replacement of oil and oil filters, as specified by the generator’s manufacturer, will save you from seized parts, among other issues.
● Having the fuel changed regularly or the battery checked, depending on the type of generator you use, is also recommended.
However, sometimes in spite of perfect generator maintenance, parts can wear out or wiring can become damaged, and your generator will need to be professionally repaired.
Common Generator Problems that Require Repairs:
● Leaks. Depending on the type of generator you’re using, there are various fluids that might be leaking from your generator, including oil, fuel, or coolant. Leaks in any of these systems can lead to a cascade of issues with your generator.
● Blocked Heater Hoses. This problem can lead to extreme temperature increases in your generator, which can compromise not just the hoses, but the motor, as well.
● Dead Battery. Typically, battery failure results in a complete replacement and necessary installation.
● No-start. Frequently, when a generator won’t start, or runs rough, it’s due to a clogged carburetor. Over time, particulates in the fuel can stick in the carburetor. This prevents the fuel from passing through it, and can either keep it from starting, or cause the generator to run at a lower level of function.
Want to Take the Guesswork Out of Fixing Your Generator? We Recommend Professional Repair
Proper maintenance and repair of your generator is essential to making sure it will work when you might need it most. Having professionally installed, up-to-code repairs done on your generator keeps it running smoothly and helps you and your family or business safe and functioning.
Why Choose Nipper Electric for Your Generator Repair?
Once you’ve made the right decision in choosing professional repair for your generator, you’ll want to ensure proper repair that is up to code. Here are some of the things that Nipper Electric brings to the table:
● Accredited Professional Electricians. Your generator will be serviced by licensed professionals who are familiar with and proficient in repairs of this sort.
● Detail oriented. We understand the importance of attention to detail in any electrical generator equipment, particularly when it’s use could be essential.
● We Guarantee Our Work. Nipper Electric is committed to providing high quality services to our commercial and residential clients, and we fully stand behind our work with a strong guarantee.
● Reliability You Can Count On. Our licensed electricians are dedicated to providing you with quality services in a timely manner. They are not only friendly and knowledgeable, but also bonded and insured. We stand behind our crew.
● A Name You Can Trust. We have been serving the Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake areas since 1997, and have built our reputation on our dependable work and reasonable prices.