Pathway Lighting Installation in Norfolk, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach
Before you install cable or unpack boxes, you need to be able to see where you are going. We at NipperElectric are a full service electricians that can help you with multiple aspects of pathway lighting, including electrical contractors work such as:
- Outdoor Security Lighting
- Dimmer Installations
- Timer Installations
- Solar Panel and Solar Pathway Lighting
- Dock Lighting
No matter what type of pathway lighting you need, we can help you get started. We will work to design a pathway lighting plan that is not only functional but beautiful as well.
Safety First and Always
For guests visiting your home, family returning home or clients and employees entering and exiting your business, a well-lit pathway creates security and safety. From trips and falls to actual crimes, having appropriate pathway lighting adds value and safety to any property.
Indoor Pathway Lighting
How many times have you stubbed a toe or knocked something over trying to quietly maneuver at night? Pathway lighting can end all those issues and bring extra comfort to your home. Here are just a few places to consider adding pathway lighting.
- Hallways- Soft lighting along the base of a hallway can help you get to any room of the house, including your children’s rooms. It can even help children feel more secure by giving them a clear path to you.
- Bathrooms- Some dim motion-activated lighting in the bathroom can help you get where you need to go without waking everyone else.
- Media Rooms/Conference Rooms- Place some pathway lighting along the edges of the room. This will help guests or clients exit the room or go grab more snacks or drinks without interrupting the movie or meeting.
- Stairs- Possibly the most dangerous spot in any house, stairs require lighting. Placing a small light on each step or two lights on both sides of each step could prevent a nasty fall.
Indoor pathway lighting can also save money and help you avoid sleepless nights or dangerous accidents. Instead of leaving a bright light all night, you can install lights with sensors or timers that will dim when needed.
Outdoor Pathway Lighting
For any property, outdoor pathway lighting provides additional safety and security.
Coming home to a darkened driveway or leaving work to a pitch-black parking lot is more than just inconvenient, it’s completely unsafe. Pathway lighting can help create safety for your home or office by:
- Showing guests which way to go.
- Lighting areas to prevent tripping or falling.
- Providing a light that helps exits and entrances.
- Deterring criminals from targeting you or your residence or business.
Pathway lights can stay on during the night-time or come on as needed. When you set up pathway lighting, be sure the lights are bright enough to see the path but dim enough to avoid glares and the creation of dark shadows.
Outdoor lighting also provides additional security and crime prevention to your home. Statistics show crimes occur more often in dimly lit areas. When you provide suitable lighting at entrances, exits and paths, you also deter criminals from striking.
For outdoor pathway security lighting, you want to focus on medium lighting that helps with:
- Unlocking and locking of doors.
- Creating halos of light that make it difficult to enter or exit without being seen.
- Focusing on any area of access to your home or office like gates, doors, windows or garages.
Types of Pathway Lighting
There are many different types of outdoor pathway lighting. Some of the choices include:
- Solar powered stand-alone lighting
- Motion activated lights.
- Sound activated lights.
- Lights activated by dimness that come on as night falls.
We suggest using any combination that best suits your needs. For efficiency and lower costs, use lights that can be activated to work at night and turn off automatically during the day.
Providing Virginia Beach Safe Electrical
For the last 18 years, Nipper Electric has been proud to offer safe and reliable electrical services Virginia Beach can trust. If you have any questions or concerns about your pathway lighting, just give us a call. You can reach us at 757-842-1710 or make an appointment online. Keeping your family and loved ones safe is priority number one!