Residential Electrician Apprentice
593 S BIRDNECK RD VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23451
We are searching for a reliable electrician apprentice to join our team. The electrician apprentice’s responsibilities include completing all tasks assigned by the master electrician, which may include assisting with installations, troubleshooting, repairs, and calibrations of electrical systems and equipment. You should be eager to learn and able to follow instructions.
To be successful as an electrician apprentice, you should demonstrate good time management and customer service skills. Outstanding candidates are highly analytical, observant, and have sound knowledge of safety protocols.
Our team seeks a Residential Electrician Apprentice to learn on the job under the supervision of a journeyman electrician. residential Electrician apprenticeship will teach you how to assess and repair electrical problems on residential job sites. As a Residential Electrician Apprentice, you will complete both hands-on projects on job sites and coursework in a classroom setting. Depending on your previous electrical experiences, your duties will include basic tasks and progress to more skill-based tasks as you gain experience. Nipper Electric’s Apprentice program consists of different levels based on the amount of time working in the field and successful completion of formal electrical coursework. While working at Nipper Electric, Apprentices will be reimbursed, upon successful completion, for taking company-approved electrical courses.
Nipper Electric is committed to helping Apprentices gain technical knowledge and progress to become independent Technicians with their own assigned Nipper Electric service truck.
Electrician Apprentice Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist a journeyman electrician and follow instructions
- Prepare and clean service truck and work areas
- Carry and deliver materials
- Install, repair, and maintain various electrical wiring systems and equipment
- Use measuring equipment and hand tools to perform conduit work
- Follow safety codes and building regulations
- Apprentices are expected to maintain a professional appearance which includes wearing Nipper Electric uniforms each day·
Electrician Apprentice Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Knowledge of NEC electrical codes
- Eagerness to learn electrical schematics and blueprint reading skills
- Knowledge of power tools and hand tools
- Ability to complete basic wiring
- Able to read mechanical drawings
- Good oral and written communication skills, visual alertness and manual dexterity
- Ability to work from established drawing and experience in a contract manufacturing environment
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds at a time.
Potential Career Paths:
- Journeyman – Foreman
- Journeyman – Service Technician
- Journeyman – Junior Estimator
- Journeyman – Assistant Project Manager
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Signing bonus