593 S BIRDNECK RD VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23451
Nipper Electric, a residential electrician expert, and NBC Wavy TV 10’s Generator Experts looking for a capable Residential Electrician has excellent communication skills, and is highly motivated to join our team!
Nipper Electric of Virginia Beach, VA is looking to hire a full-time Residential Electrician to educate our clients on electrical safety issues as you diagnose and repair electrical issues in their homes. This position performs all residential electrical services, including installing outlets, fixtures, panels, etc.
We can make this promise because of our great team. To attract and retain the very best talent, we offer competitive pay, generous benefits, and a positive work environment.
The Electrician’s job is to perform highly skilled maintenance, installation, repair, and troubleshooting work involving electrical systems. A service electrician applies technical, electrical principles to many areas, including heating, cooling, refrigeration, motors, fire alarms, and generator equipment. The Electrician must be able to troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of residential electrical systems efficiently and professionally. A top candidate must also be committed to safety while using all hand and power tools, and have solid interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Installs, services, and repairs lighting fixtures, electrical panels, outlets, and wiring
- Diagnoses cause of problems and failures in electrical systems to identify equipment and systems repair and replacement needs.
- Operates power hand tools and other specialized electrical equipment
- Installs, repairs, and services specialized electrical equipment and machinery.
- Constructs and maintains service equipment
- Reads electrical circuit diagrams
- May do other trades work incidental to electrical work.
- Supervises apprentice Electricians during their training period
- Maintains vehicle, tools, and equipment to ensure availability and safe operating condition
- Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars as assigned to gather information required to perform or enhance job functions
- Prepares written materials (e.g., repair status, activity logs, work orders, etc.) for customers as well as supervisors to document job status and provide estimates
- Coordinates with other trades to complete projects and work orders efficiently.
- Responds to emergencies during or after hours to resolve immediate safety concerns
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Safety and customer service oriented.
- Fluent English-speaking and writing skills
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities
- Team player
- Able to work irregular and extended hours, including an on-call schedule
Nipper Electric Benefits
- Paid- Tuition Program
- Overtime Optional
- License Bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Gas Benefits
- Overtime Opportunities
- Paid Time Off *
- Performance-based bonuses
- Competitive Base Pay
- IRA with 3% Company match (After one year of employment)